Netkiosk DTL installation help and configuration.
We offer support via e-mail, Skype, telephone, or remote assistance. If you have any questions or need help please do not hesitate to contact us.
How do you get your Netkiosk licensed version?
- When you have tested the Netkiosk trial version, you can buy the number of licenses you need or start your monthly subscription.
- On completion of checkout your Netkiosk licensed versions will be available immediately, in your downloads, in your Netkiosk account.
- Still need help? If you find you still need help or are unsure how to configure Netkiosk please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Support regarding installing and configuring Netkiosk is 100% Free.
- We will do our best to help you, and to make sure Netkiosk works for you.
Netkiosk DTL installation help and configuration.
Netkiosk Desktop Lock Admin Panel Admin Tab.
- To open admin panel click the settings icon (bottom right)
- On first installation just press Enter to open admin panel.
- To Protect access to Admin Panel you set your admin Pin.
- You can hide the Admin icons and use the keyboard short cut to open Admin Panel.
- For reference the Admin Tab also shows the location of the settings file.
- You can export settings (to the installation folder)
- You can import settings (from the installation folder) on another PC.
- Before you import settings make sure you have copied the user.config file to the installation folder on the other PC.
The Security Tab.
- You can hide or show the Ctrl+Alt+Del Start Menu icons via the Enable or Disable Ctrl/Alt/Del Buttons.
- This is a special Windows function so make sure you read the help file.
- Windows Task manager is automatically disabled while Netkiosk runs.
Netkiosk Auto Start.
- You can enable or disable Netkiosk Auto Start.
- If enabled Netkiosk will automatically start After the user logs in.
- When Netkiosk Shell mode is enabled Netkiosk is the very first program that starts immediately after the user logs in.
- Netkiosk watcher monitors Netkiosk Desktop Lock.
- In the rare case of an unexpected crash Netkiosk DTL will automatically restart.
The Theme Tab.
Here you can change the default background image to your own.
You can also change the Netkiosk Desktop background color.
The User Access Tab.
- Here you can block access to IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Opera.
- This also hides the default Chrome, IE, and Edge icons.
- If the allowed programs function is active only allowed programs can open.
- You can also hide the Netkiosk icons.
- You can block access to USB ports and CD Drives.
The Programs Access Tab.
- This is one of the main Tab pages where you set which programs users can access.
- You can allow up to 5 Programs that users can access via the Netkiosk Desktop or the Netkiosk Taskbar Program icons.
- These programs are automatically added to the Allowed Programs Tab.
- You can show or hide any of the icons.
The Allowed Programs Tab.
- Here you can see which programs are running.
- You can add the program name manually also.
- You can add or remove any programs from the Allowed Programs List.
- When you tick “Block all programs except my allowed Programs” Only the Programs that are added to the Allowed Programs list will be allowed.
- When a user tries to open a Program that is not in the Allowed Programs list the program will simply blocked. (i.e the user can not open the Program).
- Note: Programs are only blocked when Netkiosk Runs.
- Netkiosk uses a special process monitor to check which programs are allowed.
Allowed Folder Access Tab.
- This gives you to option to restrict folder access to specific folders
- This gives users access to preset folders. Local or Network.
- This is optional and gives you extra power and control over what you want your users to access.
- The Netkiosk Program Menu monitor allows you to block any Windows or External Program Menu.
- This might be useful if you want to stop users opening external program menus.
- Open Netkiosk Admin Panel.
- Go to the Program Menus Tab. and tick no 1. (Block Access etc…..)
- Open the program or windows menu that you want to block. (Do not close Admin Panel).
- When you open the program menu folder the text appears in the yellow text box.
- You can then add the program or Windows menu you want to block to the Program Menus.
- When a user clicks on a blocked program or Windows menu, either the menu or the program will simply close.
The Netkiosk Browser Tab.
- Netkiosk Standard has its own built-in Admin Panel which is virtually identical to the Stand-alone Netkiosk Standard Versions.
You can open Netkiosk Standard admin panel at any time via the settings icons in the Netkiosk browser.
NETKIOSK OR WINDOWS OSK.
You can give access to the custom Netkiosk OSK, the Windows OSK, or your own OSK.
(The Windows OSK is recommended only in Windows 8 and 10)
If in Windows 10 the Windows Tabtip OSK does NOT show.
- Right click in the bottom right corner of your Windows Taskbar. (on the up arrow).
- In the pop-up screen tick. “Show touch keyboard button.”
- The OSK icon should show in the system Tray.
- You can now use the windows Tabtip OSK in Netkiosk (OSK Tab)