Netkiosk installation help and configuration.
Special customization. Extra options or features. The choice is yours.
With our unique special customization we can tailor Netkiosk to suit your needs and requirements.
Netkiosk Support is Free.
We offer support via e-mail, Skype, telephone, or remote assistance. If you have any questions or need help please do not hesitate to contact us.
How do you get your Netkiosk licensed version?
When you have tested the Netkiosk trial version, you can buy the number of licenses you need.
On completion of checkout your Netkiosk licensed versions will be available immediately, in your downloads, in your Netkiosk account.
Still need help?
If you find you still need help or are unsure how to configure Netkiosk please do not hesitate to contact us.
Support regarding installing and configuring Netkiosk is 100% Free.
We will do our best to help you, to make sure Netkiosk works for you.
In the Trial version simply click the Login button to enter Netkiosk Admin Panel.
You can set your Netkiosk Admin password in Netkiosk Admin Panel.
For Windows 7/8 extra options such as disabling “Ease of Access” please go to the bottom of this page.
NETKIOSK ADMIN PANEL
BROWSING OPTIONS TAB
- Set your homepage.
- Tick allow access to your website (domain only), if you want to restrict browsing access.
- Enter your website name to the white list including other website names you want to allow.
Make sure you enter the website name only. If your website is www.msn.com you only need to enter msn.
The whitelist filter will detect all sub domains and website folders in your website.
If you want to give access to your facebook page then only enter your facebook page name.
In our case our facebook page is called netkioskkiosksoftware and not Netkiosk. https://www.facebook.com/netkioskkiosksoftware/
This will allow a user to view your facebook page and will stop the user browsing to other pages on facebook.
- Set the idle time timer. Netkiosk automatically also clears all browser history when the user presses log out.
Netkiosk Browser layout Tab
- Run Netkiosk in Tabbed Browser or info kiosk mode. (Google Chrome Kiosk mode is below)
Make any settings change to suit your needs and requirements.
- If you run Netkiosk in info kiosk mode you can still show the custom bookmark toolbar.
- You can customize or hide the floating menu bar to suit your needs and requirements
The floating toolbar is mainly there if you want to run Netkiosk on touch screen devices.
- The OSK keyboard icon is helpful in case the Windows OSK keyboard does not automatically show on touch screen devices.
You can also give access to your own OSK. This mean you can point to any other OSK on the PC and Netkiosk will use that OSK.You need to make sure your own OSK works well inside Netkiosk. We do not offer support for OSK’s from third part manufacturers.
NETKIOSK OR WINDOWS OSK
You can use the custom Netkiosk OSK or the Windows OSK (Windows OSK is recommended only in Windows 8 and 10)
You can also point to your own OSK. If enabled Netkiosk will use the Windows OSK (or your own OSK)
If disabled Netkiosk will use the Netkiosk OSK.
The Custom Netkiosk OSK works in US and UK English only.
It has a built-in touchpad and virtual mouse.
The Netkiosk OSK uses keysmapping.xml files. These are located in the Netkiosk installation folder in Program Files.
C:\Program Files\Netkiosk Standard\KeyMapping.xml and KeysMappingUK.xml
You do not need to go near them unless you know how to edit these.
You can customize these for other languages, or to suit your needs.
The KeysMapping files are Standard Microsoft xml files and work on all Windows versions.
At present they have only been configured for US and UK English.
Although they work in other languages the Keyboard buttons text will NOT change to your language if you Windows language is not UK or US English.
If needed we can customize the KeysMapping file for you. As this takes time, it depends on the number of licenses you have purchased.
Works in Tabbed browser or information kiosk mode
The Netkiosk OSK can be docked at the click of the keyboard button.
It then becomes a floating menu bar.
You can disable or enable the keyboard icons in Netkiosk Admin Panel. Or disable the keyboard altogether.
When you close Netkiosk all default windows settings are fully restored.
Except the Windows 7 /8 Ctrl Alt Del menu which is controlled completely separate from Netkiosk.
You can un-install Netkiosk via Control Panel.
You can also use NetkioskStandardRestore to fully restore some of your Windows Settings that where in use by Netkiosk.
This small program is automatically installed in Netkiosk Admin folder in the admin Start menu when you install Netkiosk.
You will be prompted with a Y/N just type Y and hit Enter and close the Command Prompt.
AUTO LOGON WINDOWS 7, 8 and 10
NetkioskAdvancedConfiguration might not properly set the Windows user for Autologin on Windows 8
- Press the Windows + R keyboard combination to bring up a run box, when it appears type netplwiz and hit enter.
- This will open the User Accounts dialog box, which will display a list of all the users on your computer.
- Select your user account from the list, then uncheck the “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” checkbox then click the apply button.
- This will show the sign in dialog, where you will need to input your password (if the user account has a password)
- Then click OK.
- Click OK again to close the User Accounts dialog and you’re good to go.
Still need help?
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask us.
Netkiosk Advanced Configuration runs with admin rights so the New Username and New Password are not really needed.
They are simply an extra option in case you run Netkiosk under a user account with admin rights.
You can instantly create, edit or delete a Windows user account. Without having to go to Start, Control Panel, Users, etc.
This is simply designed for ease of use.