We will be adding several updates and extra features over the coming weeks.
Monday 28th November 2016
- Start a program from Windows explorer just as you normally would.
- Open Admin Panel and add this program to the Allowed Programs list.
- When the program has started a short cut is automatically added to the Netkiosk Task bar.
- Each time Netkiosk Desktop Lock Starts it will automatically start the programs added to your start list.
- Netkiosk will allow only the programs you have allowed and will block all other program access.
- Users can minimize a program or start the program from the Netkiosk Task Bar.
- Netkiosk adds the program icons automatically.
- Give users access to Windows Explorer, Folder access, Control Panel or Desktop icons.
Monday 8th of August 2016
We have change the Netkiosk website front page
- Info kiosk mode added to Browser Layout page.
- Simplified Admin Panel.
- Optimized Netkiosk browser engine.The Trial download has been updated (16th May 2016 23:20 GMT – UK Time)
- Netkiosk Desktop Lock will be (almost) entirely portable.
- A single Settingsload.ini will check the location of the NDLSettings.ini
- The NDLSettings.ini can be located anywhere on your Network.
- Virtually no installation needed. Just the NetkioskDesktopLock.exe and the Settingsload.ini are needed (both in the same location)
- When you update the NDLSettings.in all devices will use this updated ini version (on reboot
- The NDLSettings.ini is very easy to modify.
- An addional option to access the settings via a URL will be added
Existing customer can continue to use the older version if they wish to do so.
Please view the latest Netkiosk Desktop Lock version for more information and screenshots
On Thursday the 11th of February 2016 Netkiosk signed a 5 year agreement with Scytl Secure Electronic voting.
Scytl first used Netkiosk during the Spanish Elections on the 20th of December 2015, to secure and lock down around 4000 Windows tablets.
Further updates about this agreement will be released soon.A brand new Netkiosk version that allows you to turn your Windows device and Google Chrome into a secure Chrome Kiosk will be release soon. We are finished of the first release which should be available this week.
A major milestone was achieved when on the 20th of December 2015 Netkiosk was used during the Spanish Elections.
Netkiosk Standard has been updated.
1) The option to lock zoom from within Netkiosk Admin panel
When the page loads it will automatic all zoom to 75%, 125%, 150% or 200% (which ever option you have set in Netkiosk Admin Panel)
2) The option to allow up to 10 pop-up Windows (You set these in the Browsing Options Tab in Netkiosk Admin Panel)
The are Windows pop-up menus such as “Print” or “Windows Security (use to log on when on a website)
Simple add the window text of the pop-up window and the window will be allowed.
This will work in any language. So if your language is not English and you want to allow printing then type “Print” (in your own language)
Thursday 15th October 2015 20:50 GMT (UK TIME)
You can now login using your Windows Admin Credentials or your Netkiosk Admin Password.
You can set your Netkiosk Admin password in Netkiosk Admin Panel please view the updated screenshots on the Netkiosk Standard pages.
You can now check the location of the Netkiosk Settings file.
You can also save the settings file to your desktop and copy it to desktop on another PC’s
When you click “Load Settings from File” Netkiosk will automatically load the settings file from the users Desktop.
This will make it easier to install Netkiosk on multiple PC’s without having to configure each user PC.
When you have configured the users PC with the new Netkiosk settings file you can simply delete the file from the users Desktop.
Wednesday 26th August 2015