What Can I Do With Netkiosk imperi?
Netkiosk imperi has been specially designed to run Google Chrome in a secure kiosk mode.
Although Chrome can run in kiosk mode by default it does not give you options to secure the settings or lock down your windows devices. This is where Netkiosk imperi will benefit you.
A custom version of Netkiosk imperi was first successfully deployed at the December 2015 Spanish Elections on around 4000 Windows Tablets.
Please watch the Video page for more information and to see Netkiosk imperi in action.
Please contact us if you would like to try Netkiosk imperi.
What is unique about Netkiosk imperi?
- Netkiosk imperi has built-in lockdown features to keep Google Chrome in secure kiosk mode.
- Built-in idle time timer to clear the browser history when the user logs out or when the idle time timer kicks in.
- Custom customizable floating menu bar or touch screen keyboard.
- Built-in whitelist and content filter to restrict website access.
- Secure Admin Panel
- Flexible settings.
A few simple settings needed in Chrome for proper kiosk used.
- Configure. The home page. (Used by Netkiosk imperi when the user clicks on the home button or logs out.)
- Tick. Show the Home button (Used by Netkiosk imperi to allow the user to go back the home page.)
- Tick. “Ask where to save each file before downloading”. Used by Netkiosk imperi to block all downloads.
- Tick. Keep local data only until you close your browser. (Required by Netkiosk imperi to clear all browser history on logout.)
- Untick “Enable Auto-fill and “Offer to save your web passwords”. In any public kiosk environment it is important that no user data is kept on the PC.