Netkiosk Standard 2017 with a 2018 update.
Please refer to the download page for system requirements.
You can view the screenshots and install help section below.
What can I do with Netkiosk Standard?
With Netkiosk Standard you can quickly lock down your PCs and run a secure flexible kiosk browser.
You can start Netkiosk Standard in full screen tabbed browser or full screen display kiosk browser.
You can configure Netkiosk Standard via the secure admin panel.
You can restrict website access via a flexible white list and content filter.
Netkiosk Standard is fully touch screen compatible.
You can give access to the custom Netkiosk OSK, or the Windows touch keyboard.
After Netkiosk has started users cannot close Netkiosk or access restricted areas of the PC.
Via the secure password protected admin panel the administrator can instantly close Netkiosk Standard.
The PC is then instantly unlocked showing the Microsoft Windows desktop, start menu and task bar.
Full screen tabbed browser or full screen display kiosk browser.
You can switch layout in admin panel at the click of a button and enable or disable OSK access.
Fully customizable layout, and many more options.
Netkiosk Standard is part of Netkiosk 2018.
Netkiosk 2018 also includes Netkiosk Desktop Lock and Chrome Kiosk. This gives you the choice to use which ever version best suits your needs.
If you only need to give access to the secure web browser than it is best to use Netkiosk Standard or Netkiosk imperi (Chrome Kiosk)
How easy is it to install and use Netkiosk Standard?
Netkiosk Standard is quick and easy to install and you can start using your PC in kiosk mode with Netkiosk in less than 5 minutes.
We always focus to keep the configuration as simple as possible to allow quick deployment on multiple PCs.
With built-in lock down capabilities your Microsoft Windows and system integrity are not affected. With Netkiosk you keep full control.
Netkiosk Standard features summary.
- Secure and lock down your Windows devices instantly.
- Users cannot close Netkiosk or access restricted areas of the PC.
- Full screen tabbed kiosk browser
- Full screen display kiosk browser
- Restrict web browsing.
- Automatically clears all browser history on logout.
- Built-in white list and content filters.
- Customizable layout and user interface.
- Customizable bookmark toolbar.
- Secure, and easy to use, admin panel.
What support will you get?
- We provide free e-mail, telephone or remote support.
- With telephone support we’ll call you free of charge.
- We can call you on a landline anywhere in the world.
- In the USA this includes free cell phone calls.
- Remote assistance is via team viewer or similar.
- If you have any questions or need help you can contact us at any time.
Netkiosk installation help and configuration.
If you find you still need help or are unsure how to configure Netkiosk please do not hesitate to contact us.
Support regarding installing and configuring Netkiosk is 100% Free.
We will do our best to help you, to make sure Netkiosk works for you.
NETKIOSK STANDARD HELP.
View or download Netkiosk Standard help pdf file.
Netkiosk Standard install help is also integrated inside Netkiosk Standard.
- To open admin panel click the settings icons and click login.
- Set your master admin password in admin Panel, and configure Netkiosk to suit your needs.
- Setup can take as little as 5 minutes.
- Netkiosk runs with integrated kiosk lock down capabilities. You keep total control.
- When you close Netkiosk your PC is insantly unlocked to show your Windows desktop, Windows start menu and the Windows task bar.
For Windows 7/8 extra options such as disabling “Ease of Access” please go to the bottom of this page.
NETKIOSK STANDARD CONFIGURATION.
To access Admin Panel you can right click, click on the settings icons or press Alt+F4, F4 or Alt+N
You will see the Netkiosk Admin Panel. Simply log in using your Admin username and password.
This is the Admin Username and Password you have set in Admin Panel.
NETKIOSK ADMIN TAB
Enter your admin username and password as well as the basic admin username and password.
This will secure Netkiosk Admin Panel.
The Admin Tab also shows your active License(s) or Subscription.
Check the settings location.
You can import and export settings to the installation folder.
From here you can copy the settings to the Netkiosk installation folder on another PC. From the Windows user from where you want to run Netkiosk simply click import settings. Making sure the settings were previously exported. You can also check to see if there is a Netkiosk update available.
START OPTIONS TAB
You will find two helper programs on the Desktop and in the Netkiosk installation folder.
Control the Ctrl+Alt+Del Menu Options screen.
Enable or disable Netkiosk Auto Start.
Enable Netkiosk Shell mode. Start or stop the Netkiosk watcher.
NETKIOSK INTERNET ACCESS TAB.
1) Enter your home page in the textbox next to option.
2) You can enable the white list also.
To block a website or keyword see the Content filter Tab below.
NETKIOSK WHITE LIST CONFIGURATION
Enter the domain name only. Do not enter http:// or www or .com etc.
You can add up to 40 website names (domains) to allow.
Netkiosk uses domain whitelisting which means you do not need to enter the full website address.
For example: if your website is http://www.mycompany.com/somefolder/somepage.html
You ONLY enter the main domain which in the example is mycompany
Do not enter anything like .com etc or the whitelist will not work properly.
Websites are often redirected to country domains or different subdomain which makes content filtering very tricky.
This is why Netkiosk only looks at the main domain name for the whitelist.
If your domain has a Facebook or Twitter or Instagram or another subpage. then make sure to add these to the whitelist.
On sites like Facebook and Twitter not always the Full domain is listed due to the character lenght and other restrictions.
These sites then often abbreviate your domain.
We have added a few samples which, of course you can remove to add your own website domain, and others.
NETKIOSK IDLE TIME TIMER.
The idle time timer can be set to allow for Netkiosk to reset after x time in case a user leaves the PC without logging out.
After the PC is idle for x minutes. A screen will pop up.
This shows the user that Netkiosk will clear their sessions after 30 seconds.
A user has the option to click cancel. The user can then continue to use Netkiosk.
You can change the reset text to your own text. You can also change the idle time settings.
BROWSER LAYOUT OPTIONS TAB
Configure Netkiosk Tabbed Browser to suit your needs.
NETKIOSK CONTENT FILTER TAB
Blocking websites or keywords.
A keyword blocks the entire website when the keyword is found on the web page.
Be careful, as some websites contain keywords like facebook that you might not want to block.
If you want to block a website like facebook.com, you just enter facebook in the domain list, on the Content Filter Tab.
Again do not enter anything like http:// or www or .com etc.
You only need to enter the main domain name of the website.
Content Filter Blocked Page.
The Content filter shows a blocked page when a users enters a keyword or website that has been disallowed by the administrator.
FOLDER ACCESS TAB
You can now also restrict folder access.
Change the “Save As” or “Open” or “Confirm Save As” Dialog boxes text to your own language if you are running a non-English Windows version.
Give access to just 1 folder and block all other folder access.
EXTRA OPTIONS TAB
NETKIOSK OSK AND WINDOWS OSK TAB
NETKIOSK HELP TAB
Still need help?
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask us.
We will do our best to help you to make sure Netkiosk will run smooth on your PC.
- Netkiosk un-installs in just few minutes.
- When you close Netkiosk all default windows settings are fully restored.
- Except the Windows 7/8/10 Ctrl+Alt+Del options menu which is controlled completely separate from Netkiosk.
- You can un-install Netkiosk via Control Panel.
- You can also use NetkioskStandardRestore to fully restore some of your Windows Settings that where in use by Netkiosk.
- This small program is automatically installed in Netkiosk Admin folder in the admin Start menu when you install Netkiosk.
- Open the Command Prompt and enter the following command and press Enter.
- This will modify the ACL on the utilman.exe file so everyone doesn’t have permission to execute this program.
- cacls %windir%system32utilman.exe /C /D Everyone
- To Enable Ease of Access use this code: cacls %windir%system32utilman.exe /E /G “Everyone”:R
You will be prompted with a Y/N just type Y and hit Enter and close the Command Prompt.
AUTO LOGON WINDOWS 7, 8 and 10
NetkioskAdvancedConfiguration might not properly set the Windows user for Autologin on Windows 8
- Press the Windows + R keyboard combination to bring up a run box, when it appears type netplwiz and hit enter.
- This will open the User Accounts dialog box, which will display a list of all the users on your computer.
- Select your user account from the list, then uncheck the “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” checkbox then click the apply button.
- This will show the sign in dialog, where you will need to input your password (if the user account has a password)
- Then click OK.
- Click OK again to close the User Accounts dialog and you’re good to go.