Netkiosk Standard 2018 is included with Netkiosk Freedom and Netkiosk Freedom Education.
Netkiosk Standard for Windows XP (SP3), NT, Windows 7, 8, and 10.
What can I do with Netkiosk Standard?
With Netkiosk Standard Kiosk Software you can quickly lock down your PCs and run a secure flexible kiosk browser. You can start Netkiosk Standard in full screen tabbed browser or full screen display kiosk browser. You can configure Netkiosk Standard via the secure admin panel. You can restrict website access via a flexible white list and content filter. Netkiosk Standard is fully touch screen compatible.
You can give access to the custom Netkiosk OSK, or the Windows touch keyboard.
After Netkiosk has started users cannot close Netkiosk or access restricted areas of the PC. Via the secure password protected admin panel the administrator can instantly close Netkiosk Standard. The PC is then instantly unlocked showing the Microsoft Windows desktop, start menu and task bar.
Netkiosk Standard 2017 with 2018 updates.
Download file size: 2 mb. (1756 kb)
NETKIOSK SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS.
- Please read the install help page before, or after, you install Netkiosk.
- Netkiosk works on all devices running Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows 7 ,8 and 10.
- Netkiosk can be installed on PC’s, Laptops or Windows Tablets.
- Netkiosk imperi requires Google Chrome.
Minimum screen resolution for both Netkiosk versions:1024 X 768
All Netkiosk versions require Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- If not installed already you can download from the official Microsoft Website.
- Windows 8 and 10 have .Net Framework 4.5 built-in. So no need to install.
- MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 4.5 (Direct download links to Microsoft website)
- If you have problems running Netkiosk please install Microsoft .Netf Framework 4.5 (FULL VERSION)
- You need to make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed if you want to allow proper access to PDF files and your Flash player is up to date.
- Note: Please make sure that you do not install, and try to run, each Netkiosk version on the same PC, at the same time.
Full screen tabbed browser or full screen display kiosk software browser.
You can switch browser layout instantly inside admin panel.
Fully customizable layout, and many more options.
How easy is it to install Netkiosk?
During we recent update we have reduced the size of NetkioskStandard.exe to just 1.5 MB for optimized performance.
Netkiosk Standard is quick and easy to install and you can start using your PC in kiosk mode with Netkiosk in less than 5 minutes.
We always focus to keep the configuration as simple as possible to allow quick deployment on multiple PCs.
With built-in lock down capabilities your Microsoft Windows and system integrity are not affected. With Netkiosk you keep full control.
Netkiosk Standard features summary.
- Secure and lock down your Windows devices instantly.
- Users cannot close Netkiosk or access restricted areas of the PC.
- Full screen tabbed kiosk browser
- Full screen display kiosk browser
- Restrict web browsing.
- Automatically clears all browser history on logout.
- Built-in white list and content filters.
- Customizable layout and user interface.
- Customizable bookmark toolbar.
- Secure, and easy to use, admin panel.
What support will you get?
- We provide free e-mail, telephone or remote support.
- With telephone support we’ll call you free of charge.
- We can call you on a landline anywhere in the world.
- In the USA this includes free cell phone calls.
- Remote assistance is via team viewer or similar.
- If you have any questions or need help you can contact us at any time.
Netkiosk Kiosk Software installation help and configuration.
If you find you still need help or are unsure how to configure Netkiosk Kiosk Software please do not hesitate to contact us.
Support regarding installing and configuring Netkiosk is 100% Free.
We will do our best to help you, to make sure Netkiosk works for you.
NETKIOSK STANDARD HELP.
View or download Netkiosk Standard help pdf file.
Netkiosk Standard install help is also integrated inside Netkiosk Standard.
- To open admin panel click the settings icons and click login.
- Set your master admin password in admin Panel, and configure Netkiosk to suit your needs.
- Setup can take as little as 5 minutes.
- Netkiosk runs with integrated kiosk lock down capabilities. You keep total control.
- When you close Netkiosk your PC is instantly unlocked to show your Windows desktop, Windows start menu and the Windows task bar.
For Windows 7/8 extra options such as disabling “Ease of Access” please go to the bottom of this page.
Netkiosk Standard configuration.
To access Admin Panel you can right click, click on the settings icons or press Alt+F4, F4 or Alt+N
You will see the Netkiosk Admin Panel. Simply log in using your Admin username and password.
This is the Admin Username and Password you have set in Admin Panel.
- On first installation the username and password are empty. Just click login to access admin panel.
- Enter your admin username and password. This will secure Netkiosk Admin Panel.
- Its best to add the username and password last and when you are finished configuring Netkiosk so that you can open admin panel quickly to check if you are happy with the settings.
Netkiosk Settings Tab.
- Check the location of the settings file.
- Automatically load the settings from your remote server.
- You can import and export settings to the installation folder.
From here you can copy the settings to the Netkiosk installation folder on another PC. From the Windows user from where you want to run Netkiosk simply click import settings. Making sure the settings were previously exported.
- Restore all Netkiosk settings to the default installation settings.
Netkiosk start options Tab.
- Enable or disable Netkiosk auto start when the PC starts. (After the user logs in)
- Enable or disable the Tab key.
- Automatically start the Netkiosk watcher program.
The watcher program will restart Netkiosk in case of an unexpected crash.
- Start Netkiosk top most. Netkiosk will run in front of all other Windows and Windows dialogs.
If a Windows dialog opens users can’t access these as they open in the background.
Netkiosk home page tab.
- Enter your home page in the textbox next to option.
- You can enable the white list also.
- See the instructions below how to configure the white list.
- To block a website or keyword see the Content filter Tab below.
Netkiosk white list configuration.
Enter the domain name only. Do not enter http:// or www or .com etc.
You can add up to 40 website names (domains) to allow.
Netkiosk uses domain white listing which means you do not need to enter the full website address.
For example: if your website is http://www.mycompany.com/somefolder/somepage.html
You ONLY enter the main domain which in the example is mycompany.
Do not enter anything like .com etc or the white list will not work properly.
Websites are often redirected to country domains or different sub domain which makes content filtering very tricky.
This is why Netkiosk only looks at the main domain name for the white list.
If your domain has a Facebook or Twitter or Instagram or another subpage make sure to add these to the white list.
On sites like Facebook and Twitter not always the Full domain is listed due to the character length and other restrictions. These sites then often abbreviate your domain. We have added a few samples which, of course you can remove to add your own website domain, and others.
Netkiosk inactivity timer. (Idle time timer)
- The idle time timer can be set to allow for Netkiosk to reset after x time in case a user leaves the PC without logging out.
- After the PC is idle for x minutes. A screen will pop up.
This shows the user that Netkiosk will clear their sessions after 30 seconds.
- A user has the option to click cancel. The user can then continue to use Netkiosk.
- You can change the reset text to your own text. You can also change the idle time settings.
Netkiosk Browser layout Tab.
- You can start Netkiosk in full screen display kiosk mode. All menu bars will automatically be hidden. In display info kiosk mode all links will also open in the same page.
- You can hide any icons you do not want the user to use.
- You can hide the address bar. The white list and content filters work in the background.
- You can hide the tabs so that all links open in the same page.
- You can disable right clicking.
- You can simply configure Netkiosk Tabbed Browser to suit your needs.
Netkiosk bookmark toolbar Tab.
- With Netkiosk you can give access to up to 10 fixed book marks.
- Users can not change the bookmarks.
- Make sure you add the website name (domain) to the white list also if the white list is enabled.
Netkiosk colour scheme Tab.
Netkiosk colour scheme sample layout .
- You can change the colours of the menu bar, the book mark toolbar and the context menu (right click)
- This might be useful if you want Netkiosk to match the colors of your official website.
Netkiosk folder access Tab.
- You can also restrict folder access.
- Change the “Save As” or “Open” or “Confirm Save As” Dialog boxes text to your own language if you are running a non-English Windows version.
- Give access to just 1 folder and block all other folder access.
Netkiosk content filter Tab.
- Blocking websites or keywords.
NOTE: If you are using the white list option on the Home Page Tab you do not really need to use the Content Filter.
- A keyword blocks the entire website when the keyword is found on the web page.
- Be careful, as some websites contain keywords like facebook that you might not want to block.
- If you want to block a website like facebook.com, you just enter facebook in the domain list, on the Content Filter Tab.
Again do not enter anything like http:// or www or .com etc.
You only need to enter the main domain name of the website.
Content Filter Blocked Page.
The Content filter shows a blocked page when a users enters a keyword or website that has been disallowed by the administrator.
Netkiosk extra options Tab.
In some cases when a user logs our certain programs might remain open in the background. This is especially the case with Acrobat Reader.
By adding the Acrobat Reader Program name (Process) Acrobat Reader will automatically close when the user logs out.
You can apply this principle to any other program you want to close when the user logs out (Except for Netkiosk of course 😉
Netkiosk Ctrl+Alt+Del Tab.
- You will find two helper programs on the Netkiosk Standard information page. (see below) You can download these two helper programs for free.
- You can show or hide the icons on the Ctrl+Alt+Del Menu Options screen.
As part of Microsoft Windows security some of the Ctrl+Alt+Del menu options can only be applied when the Windows user is an admin account.
- You can us the Windows group policy settings to control the Ctrl+Alt+Del menu options.
- Netkiosk does NOT create or control group policy settings.
Netkiosk osk and Windows osk Tab.
- Netkiosk has an integrated custom on screen keyboard.
This only works in US and UK English.
- You can give access to the Windows 8 or 10 touch screen keyboard.
- You can also give access to your own custom touch screen keyboard program.
- If you do not need to f give access to an on screen keyboard you can simply hide the keyboard icons.
Netkiosk help Tab.
- Netkiosk has a separate help file called NetkioskHelp.txt
- You can change the text of this help file to your own language.
- The help file is located in the Netkiosk installation folder C:\Program Files\Netkiosk Standard\
Still need help?
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask us.
We will do our best to help you to make sure Netkiosk Kiosk Software will run smooth on your PC.
- Netkiosk un-installs in just few minutes.
- When you close Netkiosk all default windows settings are fully restored.
- Except the Windows 7/8/10 Ctrl+Alt+Del options menu which is controlled completely separate from Netkiosk.
- You can un-install Netkiosk Kiosk Software via Control Panel.
- You can also use NetkioskStandardRestore to fully restore some of your Windows Settings that where in use by Netkiosk.
- This small program is automatically installed in the Netkiosk Kiosk Software Admin folder in the admin Start menu when you install Netkiosk.
- Open the Command Prompt and enter the following command and press Enter.
- This will modify the ACL on the utilman.exe file so everyone doesn’t have permission to execute this program.
- cacls %windir%system32utilman.exe /C /D Everyone
- To Enable Ease of Access use this code: cacls %windir%system32utilman.exe /E /G “Everyone”:R
You will be prompted with a Y/N just type Y and hit Enter and close the Command Prompt.
In that case on Windows 7, 8 or 10 you simply do the follow.
- Press the Windows + R keyboard combination to bring up a run box, when it appears type netplwiz and hit enter.
- This will open the User Accounts dialog box, which will display a list of all the users on your computer.
- Select your user account from the list, then uncheck the “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” checkbox then click the apply button.
- This will show the sign in dialog, where you will need to input your password (if the user account has a password)
- Then click OK.
- Click OK again to close the User Accounts dialog and you’re good to go.
Two free extra program helpers for Netkiosk Standard 2018.
These are not necessarily needed for Netkiosk to work.